This is the time of the year when people think about remodeling their homes. Many might be putting the house up for sale and others just want their home to look different going into summer and fall. No matter what your reason for remodeling, here are some great remodeling tips that will spruce up your home and in some cases, add to its resale value.
Two rooms that can always be redone include the bathroom and the kitchen. The same look gets old in these areas after several years.
Remodeling the small bathroom makes it look bigger. This is an easy DIY job for the weekend fixer upper.
- Take the old shower curtain down and add a sliding glass door. Install a large mirror over the bathroom sink.
- Then change the old bathroom fixtures to nice new ones as well as a new toilet that saves water.
All these changes will make the small bathroom into one that looks larger and adds to the value.
In the kitchen, change the cabinet doors to new ones as after several years kitchen cabinets can have grease permeated into the wood.You can find many articles on the internet to show you how easy it is to make all these changes:
- Change kitchen cabinet doors
- Change kitchen counter tops
Both of these are very easy to change and videos on the internet will guide you through the process.
- Install a new up to date garbage disposal as older ones get worn after years of use.
- Add new linoleum or tile on the kitchen floors.
All of these changes will make your kitchen look brand new and they don’t cost that much while adding to the value.
Repainting the walls especially in the hallways, stairways and bedrooms, will make your home look brand new. These are the areas where the paint gets dirty fast.
When you are looking for paint, get the type that can clean easily so you will not have to be repainting every year. This is good especially when you have kids with sticky and dirty hands running through the house.
Recharging your house
All of these tips for remodeling and recharging areas in your home will add to the value of your home especially if you are going to be putting the house up for sale. But often if you are not selling, you will feel like you are living in a new house. Changing the furniture around in the TV room and the living area are also great tips for making the house feel and look new.
Most of these tips are not that expensive and will really make a difference. There are also small things that give any part of your house that new look. Things such as new light fixtures and new hardware in any sink in the home are all easy to do and are not that expensive. So if you are tired of your old house, make some small changes and see if you don’t feel like you are living in a new place.
So check out this list again – in fact, take this list to the hardware store with you.
- Shower tub sliding door
- Large mirror over the bathroom sink
- Change bathroom water fixtures
- Change kitchen cabinet doors and counter tops
- Add new kitchen figures
- Add new kitchen tile floor
- Paint areas that have gotten dirty such as hallways, bedrooms and stairways